Turn everyday rides into faraway stays
Earn Hilton Honors Points on Lyft rides.
In the U.S. & Canada. Terms apply.
HOW IT WORKS
Get started by linking your Hilton Honors and Lyft accounts.
Start earning Hilton Honors Points when you take a Lyft ride in the US and Canada.
Hilton Honors Points will be deposited into your Hilton Honors account after each Lyft ride.*
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to do anything on the Lyft app once I have linked my accounts?
- No. As long as your accounts are actively linked, your rides will earn points. To make sure your accounts are actively linked, visit the Connected Services page within the Lyft app. You should see a Hilton Honors logo if your accounts are linked.
Can I link more than one Hilton Honors account to my Lyft account?
- No, only one Hilton Honors account may be linked to a Lyft account.
Can I link more than one Lyft account to my Hilton Honors account?
- No, only one Lyft account can be linked to a Hilton Honors account.
I tried to link accounts, but it would not work. Can I still earn points? What should I do?
- If you have attempted to link your Hilton Honors and Lyft accounts, but were unsuccessful, you may still be able to link accounts. If you were unable to link your accounts, you should have received an error message. If the error message was related to your Hilton Honors account, please contact Hilton Honors Support by calling 1-800-548-8690. If the error message was related to your Lyft account, please contact the Lyft Help Center.
I previously linked my accounts but recently deleted my Lyft app. If I download it again, are my accounts still linked?
- Yes, the accounts will still be linked even if you uninstall and reinstall the Lyft app.
I cannot find my Hilton Honors account number. How can I look it up so I can complete account linking?
- If you are a Hilton Honors member and forgot your account number or email address, please contact the Hilton Honors Customer Support Center.
- What if I did not link my Hilton Honors account to my Lyft account and see that I have earned Points for rides?
I would like to unlink my accounts. How can I do this?
- To stop earning Points, visit the Lyft Connected Services page. Scroll down to "Connected Apps" and tap "Revoke" next to Hilton Honors.
- To completely break the link between your Hilton Honors and Lyft accounts, you will need to make a request to Hilton or Lyft directly. This would allow you to link your Hilton Honors account to a different Lyft account, in the instance you change your phone number.
How do I earn Honors Points with Lyft?
- Hilton Honors Members need to link their Hilton Honors and Lyft accounts via HiltonHonorsLyft.com in order to earn points. Once your accounts are linked, just request and complete a ride with Lyft to earn your Hilton Honors Points.
Do I have to visit HiltonHonorsLyft.com every time I ride to earn Hilton Honors Points?
- No. Once your accounts are successfully linked, you do not need to visit HiltonHonorsLyft.com again to earn Hilton Honors Points for each Lyft ride. Just request and complete a ride with the Lyft app.
Where can I see the Hilton Honors Points I earned for rides once I’ve linked my accounts?
- You can view your account and keep track of your Hilton Honors Points on honors.com or within the Hilton Honors App.
How soon after I complete a ride will I see Hilton Honors Points posted to my account?
- Points can take up to 24 hours after your ride is completed to post to your Hilton Honors account. If more than three business days have passed since you completed your ride and Hilton Honors Points have not been posted to your account, please validate the ride in question via the Lyft Help Center. Once your ride has been validated, please contact the Hilton Customer Support Team.
Why is my ride breakdown and Hilton Honors Points earned are different on different rides?
- Each ride you take is different depending on ride type, distance, city etc. Taxes, Highway Tolls, Fees, Tips and Lyft Credits are excluded from the amount that is applied toward Hilton Honors Points awarding.
- Members will earn three (3) Hilton Honors Points per $1 USD spent on Lyft, Lux, Lux Black, Lyft XL, Lux Black XL and all other Lyft Ride Types priced higher than Lyft classic
- Members will earn two (2) Hilton Honors Points per $1 USD spent on Lyft Shared (and other Shared Rides)
Can I request Hilton Honors Points for rides that I took before linking my accounts?
- No. The earning of Hilton Honors Points is exclusively for Honors Members who have active linked accounts at the time the ride is completed. Historical rides prior to account linking are not eligible for earning Hilton Honors Points.
If there are multiple people riding together who have linked their accounts, can everyone earn Hilton Honors Points?
- No. Only the Lyft rider who made the ride request with their Lyft app can earn Hilton Honors Points as long as that account was linked prior to requesting the ride.
Once my accounts are actively linked, are there any specific ride types I have to take to earn Hilton Honors Points?
- Point Earning is valid on all rides where Lyft operates. You will earn 3 Hilton Honors Points per $1 USD spent on all standard Lyft rides (currently Lyft, Lyft Lux, Lyft Lux XL, Lyft Black, Lyft Black XL and Lyft Access) and 2 Hilton Honors Points per $1 USD spent on Lyft Shared rides.
Is there a cap on the number of Hilton Honors Points I can earn for Lyft rides?
- Yes, members who have linked accounts may earn Points on $10,000 USD of eligible Lyft spend per calendar year.
Will I still earn Hilton Honors Points if I request and complete a ride on my Lyft Business account?
- Yes. As long as your business profile is the same as the account that is linked with your Hilton Honors account.
What Lyft charges are eligible for Point earning?
- Base Ride fares for Lyft Shared, Lyft, Lyft Lux, Lyft Lux XL, Lyft Black, Lyft Black XL and Lyft Access are all applicable for earning Hilton Honors Points. Government imposed taxes and fees, tolls and tip are not eligible.
What if I, as a rider, pay in another currency other than USD?
- Riders will earn 3 Hilton Honors Points per $1 USD on all Lyft, Lyft Lux, Lyft Lux XL, Lyft Black, Lyft Black XL and Lyft Access rides, and 2 Hilton Honors Points per $1 USD on Lyft Shared Rides.
Is there a surcharge for Lyft rides that earn Hilton Honors Points?
- No. There are no additional charges associated to earning Hilton Honors Points for your Lyft rides.
Can I earn Hilton Honors Points as a Lyft driver?
- No. Lyft do not currently offer a point earning opportunity for Lyft drivers. Drivers can earn unlimited Hilton Honors Points through this partnership when traveling as a rider.
If I have linked my accounts, requested a ride, and split the fare with another user who has linked their accounts, will we both receive Hilton Honors Points?
- If a Lyft ride fare is split among multiple users, only the requesting user will earn Hilton Honors Points on the ride.
Where can I earn Hilton Honors Points for Lyft rides?
- Members will earn Hilton Honors Points on Lyft rides in the United States and Canada.
Are there any rides for which members cannot earn Hilton Honors Points?
- Yes, members who have linked accounts may earn Points on $10,000 USD of eligible Lyft spend per calendar year.
- Members cannot earn Hilton Honors Points on Scooters.
If I currently do not have a Lyft account, how do I sign up?
- You can visit https://www.lyft.com/signup to create an account and become a Lyft user.
What is required to be eligible for the New Lyft Rider offer?
- This offer is only valid for Honors Members who become new Lyft users and sign up for Lyft via (hiltonhonorslyft.com). Members who are already signed up with Lyft and completed a ride are not eligible for the New Rider offer but will be eligible to earn Hilton Honors Points with every Lyft ride.
Once I have signed up for Lyft as a New Lyft Rider and linked my accounts, do I need to take any further action?
- Yes. You will receive an SMS confirming that your Lyft account has been activated. Once received, you should make sure that you have downloaded the Lyft app, and then begin taking rides to start earning Hilton Honors Points. Your new user credit will be auto-applied to your account and first three rides.
How do I use my three (3) $5 – a total value of $15 – New Lyft Rider credits?
- Hilton Honors Members who are New Lyft Riders will receive (3) $5 credits – a total value of $15 – automatically in the “Promos” section of their Lyft account profile. A credit will be automatically applied to your first three Lyft rides.
- If you are having problems using your credits, riders should refer to the Lyft Help Center.
Is there a time limit for how long I have to use my three (3) $5 credits?
- Yes. You need to complete your three Lyft rides within 30 days of signing up for Lyft and linking your Hilton Honors account.
If I am not currently a member of the Hilton Honors program, how do I sign up?
- You can visit honors.com/join to enroll and become a Hilton Honors member.
Can I utilize this benefit if I live outside of the U.S. or Canada?
- Yes, however the rides must take place within the U.S. or Canada
Can I utilize this benefit if I travel outside of the U.S. or Canada?
- No, this benefit is only available for travel within the U.S. and Canada. Currently, these are the only countries in which Lyft operates.
Full Offer Terms
Benefits pursuant to this offer are limited to Hilton Honors members. To qualify, a Hilton Honors member must register for this offer and enter their Hilton Honors membership number to link their Lyft account on HiltonHonorsLyft.com (a “Linked Account”). Only one Hilton Honors membership number can be provided for each registration and corresponding Lyft account.
New Lyft User Offer: New Lyft users may receive up to $15 in Lyft ride credits in the form of three (3) $5 credits off the new user’s Eligible First Ride(s). “Eligible First Ride(s)” means a New Lyft User's first, second and third Lyft rides that are completed within the United States and/or Canada and within 30 days of signing up as a new Lyft user via hiltonhonorslyft.com .
Points Offer on US and Canada Rides: Lyft users who have Linked Accounts are eligible to receive 3 Hilton Honors points (“Points”) per $1 eligible USD (as applicable), excluding taxes, fees, tolls and tip spent on any Eligible Lyft Ride. “Eligible Lyft Ride” means any paid Lyft Ride requested and completed using the Lyft app within the United States or Canada after registering the Linked Account. “Lyft Ride” is defined as one of the following ride types: Lyft, Lyft XL, Lyft Black XL, Lux, and Lux Black.
Lyft users who have Linked Accounts are eligible to receive 2 Points per $1 eligible USD (as applicable), excluding taxes, fees, tolls and tip spent on any Eligible Lyft Shared Rides. “Eligible Lyft Shared Ride” means any paid Lyft Shared Ride requested and completed using the Lyft app within the United States and Canada after registering the Linked Account. “Lyft Shared Ride” is defined as a Lyft Shared ride type.
Lyft users who have linked accounts may earn Points on $10,000 USD of eligible Lyft spend per calendar year.
Points will be awarded on Eligible Lyft Rides based on local currency converted to U.S. dollars, which shall be calculated in Hilton Honors’ and its partners’ discretion. Local currency will be converted into U.S. dollars using a published rate of exchange in effect at time of conversion. This rate will be determined based on standard currency conversion methods, which shall be selected in Hilton Honors’ and its partners’ discretion.
By submitting your information to validate and Link Accounts, you agree to these terms and you agree that Lyft, Hilton and the third party hosting this site may share your information for the purpose of tracking and processing your Points into your Hilton Honors account and may use anonymized, aggregated data for business analytics and offer optimization. Hilton Honors account holder must be the same as the Lyft account holder in order to earn Points.
Additional Lyft terms: Tips not included. Restrictions apply. When Lyft fares are split among multiple users, only the user requesting the ride will earn Points. Lyft not available in all locations, including Puerto Rico. Lyft ride credits valid for Lyft users 18 years of age and older only. When calculating Points earned, fares will be rounded to the nearest dollar, and then any promotional offer will be calculated on the rounded amount. Lyft credits can only be used on the Lyft app and are not redeemable for cash. Lyft credits are non-transferable and cannot be combined with other offers. Any charges exceeding the Lyft credit value will be applied to your personal payment method. By using Lyft, you agree to Lyft’s Terms of Service. To stop earning Points, you may visit the Lyft Connected Services page and scrolling down to "Connected Apps" and tapping "Revoke" next to Hilton Honors. To unlink your accounts completely, you will need to make a request to Hilton or Lyft directly.
Hilton Honors membership, including the earning and redemption of Points and the eligibility for on-property benefits and amenities, is subject to Hilton Honors Terms & Conditions, available at https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html. Hilton Honors Program membership and its benefits are offered at the sole discretion of Hilton Honors, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hilton Domestic Operating Company Inc. Hilton Honors is defined as Hilton Honors Worldwide, LLC, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, partners, employees, and agents. Please allow up to 10 business days after completion of Eligible Lyft Rides or Eligible Lyft Shared Rides for Points to be deposited in Hilton Honors account. Partner offers subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. Offer(s) subject to change, and may be modified, suspended or terminated at any time without notice. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Determinations of eligibility are made in Lyft and Hilton Honors’ sole discretion. Lyft and Hilton reserve the right to review and investigate all offer activities, and to suspend accounts or remove rewards and Points for suspected abuse, violation of terms, or fraud.
Hilton, Hilton Honors and the Hilton and Hilton Honors logos are registered service marks of Hilton Domestic Operating Company Inc. Hilton is not responsible for goods or services offered by Lyft. LYFT and other Lyft logos, designs, graphics, icons, scripts and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of Lyft, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.* Excludes taxes, fees, tolls and tips.
Points Loyalty Platform User Agreement
THE LOYALTY PLATFORM SERVICES (THE "SERVICES") PROVIDED TO YOU ARE OPERATED BY POINTS.COM INC. POINTS.COM INC. IS AN ONTARIO CORPORATION, WITH ITS PRINCIPAL PLACE OF BUSINESS AT 111 RICHMOND STREET WEST, SUITE 700, TORONTO, ONTARIO, M5H 2G4. WHEN USED HEREIN THE TERMS “POINTS.COM”, "WE", "US", AND "OUR" REFER TO POINTS.COM INC.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, AT ANY TIME, TO MODIFY, ALTER, OR UPDATE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE. WE WILL NOTIFY YOU OF SUCH CHANGES BY E-MAIL AT THE ADDRESS YOU HAVE REGISTERED WITH US. YOUR CONTINUED USAGE OF THE SERVICES FOLLOWING SUCH NOTIFICATION SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY SUCH CHANGES YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY CEASE USING THE SERVICES.
Use of Services Generally
- You may use the Services for personal purpose only and not for any business, commercial or other use.
- You are responsible for keeping your user ID and password confidential.
- We are entitled to act on all instructions received by anyone using your account and are not responsible for any transaction made without your authorization.
- You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices through the Services. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- The use of robots, spiders, scripts or other automated agents or programs in connection with the Services is strictly prohibited.
Services and Platform Account
The Services allow you to earn Hilton Honors points for eligible purchases and actions as established by Hilton, in conjunction with Lyft. In order for us to deposit the Hilton Honors points that you have in earned in connection with an eligible purchase or action, we may request certain information from you from time to time, including information for the opening and registration of a Points.com Platform Account. This information enables us to securely deposit Hilton Honors points to your Hilton Honors Rewards Program account for Hilton Honors points earned in connection with an eligible purchase or action. Although Points.com makes reasonable efforts to ensure that the Hilton Honors points deposited to your Hilton Honors Rewards Program account are accurate, Points.com cannot ensure that this will always be the case and hereby disclaims liability for the accuracy of such deposits.
Hilton Honors Points
- You must opt in for this offer to earn Hilton Honors points, in accordance with the offer terms and conditions, before making your eligible purchase or action to receive your Hilton Honors points.
- Hilton, in conjunction with Lyft, shall determine the purchases and actions that are eligible to earn Hilton Honors points and shall determine the amount of Hilton Honors points you can earn for eligible purchases or actions. As such, Points.com is not responsible for the terms and conditions that apply to your eligible purchases and actions.
- Credits and adjustments for reversals of eligible purchases will reduce or cancel the Hilton Honors points by the amount of such points originally awarded on such reversed purchases.
- Please allow up to ten (10) business days after the date of your eligible purchase for the Hilton Honors points to appear in your Hilton Honors Rewards Program account. You are solely responsible for checking your Hilton Honors Rewards Program account to verify that Hilton Honors points have been properly posted. If you believe that Hilton Honors points have not been properly posted to your Hilton Honors Rewards Program account, you must inform Hilton within six (6) months of the date of the associated eligible purchase, with proof of purchase or action acceptable to Hilton and Points.com. You agree that Hilton, Lyft and Points.com shall determine, in their sole discretion, whether Hilton Honors points should have been posted to your Hilton Honors Rewards Program account, and that any such determination shall be final and binding.
- This offer may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer, unless otherwise stated.
- This offer may be canceled, modified or withdrawn at any time, even after acceptance by you.
- Hilton Honors membership, including the earning and redemption of Points and the eligibility for on-property benefits and amenities, is subject to Hilton Honors Terms & Conditions available at https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html..
Loyalty Currency Transactions
The following terms and conditions apply to all transactions you conduct through the Services:
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REVIEW, CANCEL AND REVERSE ANY TRANSACTION IN THE EVENT OF FRAUD OR AN ERROR OR MISTAKE MADE BY US, INCLUDING ERRORS IN ANY LOYALTY POINT CONVERSION, REDEMPTION OR SWAP RATE. YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO THE REMOVAL OF HILTON HONORS POINTS FROM YOUR HILTON HONORS REWARDS PROGRAM ACCOUNT AS REQUIRED BY US TO REVERSE A CANCELLED TRANSACTION.
- You agree to comply with the terms, conditions and rules of the Hilton Honors Member Reward Program established by Hilton from time to time, including as found at: https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html.
Misprints and Errors
We endeavor to provide current and accurate information through the Services regarding the offers and transactions available to you. Nevertheless, errors and misprints occur. Accordingly, we reserve the right to reject, correct, cancel or terminate any transaction for which the offer details were incorrectly displayed or for which any other erroneous or inaccurate information was provided. We reserve the right to do this at any time during the transaction process, including after a transaction has been submitted and even if the transaction has been confirmed by us. Under no circumstances are we obligated to process or complete any transaction based on any error, misprint or otherwise.
All materials and content included as part and parcel of the Services (collectively the "Content"), including, without limitation, text, data, information, images, illustrations, audio clips, video clips, special games, surveys and special promotions, are protected by intellectual property rights owned and controlled by us and/or our suppliers or partners. None of the Content may be copied, downloaded, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way without our prior written consent or except as specifically permitted through the Services. Use of the Content for any purpose other than your own personal and non-commercial use is prohibited and is a violation of copyrights and other intellectual property rights.
The trademarks, logos and service marks that you see when accessing the Services are owned and controlled by us and/or our suppliers or partners. Nothing herein grants you any license or right to use any such marks or logos. Your misuse of any such marks or logos is strictly prohibited and is a violation of copyrights and other intellectual property rights.
SOME LINKS ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SERVICES REFER YOU TO THIRD PARTY SITES NOT UNDER THE OPERATION OR CONTROL OF POINTS.COM. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF ANY SUCH SITES AND WE PROVIDE THESE LINKS TO YOU ONLY FOR CONVENIENCE. THE INCLUSION OF ANY LINK TO THESE SITES DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT BY POINTS OF THE LINKED SITE.
- We may terminate your right to use of the Services immediately, without notice to you, if, in our sole discretion, you fail to comply with any of these terms and conditions of use or engage in any fraudulent, criminal or other unauthorized activity.
- We may also close and terminate your account due to inactivity.
Governing Law and Disputes
This Agreement and your use of the Services are governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law. To the extent permitted by applicable law, any claim, dispute or controversy between you and us shall be determined by final and binding arbitration, with no right of appeal, even on questions of law. Such arbitration will be conducted in Toronto, Ontario, Canada in the English language pursuant to the National Arbitration Rules of the ADR Institute of Canada. If the foregoing arbitration is not permitted by applicable law or any court with jurisdiction, you irrevocably agree that all claims, disputes or controversies shall be settled exclusively by the courts of the Province of Ontario.
For certainty, please see the Hilton Honors Program Terms and Conditions for governing law and jurisdiction of disputes that would apply to your Hilton Honors Rewards Program account.
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, CONDITION OR GUARANTEE OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS OR GUARANTEES OF QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, ALL OF WHICH ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Limitation of Liability
OUR, OUR AFFILIATES’, AND OUR PARTNERS’ AND SUPPLIERS’ (INCLUDING HILTON DOMESTIC OPERATING COMPANY INC., HILTON HONORS WORLDWIDE, LLC AND LYFT, INC. AND ITS AFFILIATES), AND EACH SUCH ENTITY’S RESPECTIVE OFFICERS’, DIRECTORS’, EMPLOYEES’ AND AGENTS’, ENTIRE LIABILITY, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF CAUSE OF ACTION, DEMAND OR CLAIM, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE SPECIFIC TRANSACTION GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM. IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY OF THE FOREGOING PERSONS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SUFFERED IN ANY CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES OR YOUR USE THEREOF HOWSOEVER CAUSED AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF CAUSE OF ACTION, DEMAND OR CLAIM, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, AND EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE OR ANY OF THE FOREGOING PERSONS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree to indemnify and hold us, our affiliates, and our partners and suppliers (including Hilton Domestic Operating Company Inc., Hilton Honors Worldwide, LLC and Lyft, Inc. and its affiliates), and each such entity's respective officers, directors, employees, and agents) harmless from any claim or demand made against any of them by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Services, breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party, including intellectual property rights.
Entire Agreement, Waiver and Severability
This Agreement, together with any applicable transaction request and confirmation, constitute the entire agreement between you and us with respect to your use of the Services and the processing of any transactions thereon and supersede all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings, if any, whether written or oral, relating to such subject matter. No modification, amendment or waiver of this Agreement shall be effective or binding unless made in writing and signed by us. If any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provision.
We shall have no liability for delays or failure in performance caused by any act of God, war, strike, labor dispute, work stoppage, fire, act of government, or any other cause, whether similar or dissimilar, beyond our control.
Use of the Term "Partner"
The use of terms "partner" or “partnership” herein and in any other materials is not intended to indicate that Points.com is in a legal partnership with any third party so described. Rather, the term is used in a marketing sense to show participation by the "partners" in Points.com products and services. This User Agreement was last updated on March 25, 2019.
By using our Sites, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy. Your consent is the legal basis for our use of your personal information. You can withdraw your consent at any time. However, if you withdraw your consent to certain uses, we may no longer be able to provide our services to you.
This policy is divided into three general areas: (i) how we process your information; (ii) your rights with respect to your personal data; and (iii) information on cookies, third party sites, security measures and similar issues that may impact personal data. At the end of the policy, we provide you with information on how to contact our Data Privacy Officer and, for those individuals residing in the European Economic Area, our EU Representative.
Who We Collect Information From
We collect personal information from:
- visitors to our Sites;
- individuals who establish a relationship with us by telephone, sign up to receive communications or who sign up for Points services; and
- customers of those of our Partners who have engaged us to deliver services on their behalf.
Our Sites are not intended for children. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received or collected personal information pertaining to a child under the age of consent in the country where the child is located without valid consent, we will delete such information from our records.
What Personal Information We Collect
We may collect personal information which includes:
- user account information that you upload on our Sites, such as your picture, name, home address, email address and phone number;
- loyalty program account information for the third party loyalty programs you register with our Sites, including your program account numbers, passwords and balances, and details of buy, sell, trade and redemption transactions involving those loyalty programs;
- information for travel bookings through our Sites, including personal information of people you make reservations or bookings for using our Sites. It is your responsibility to obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information;
- information about any other services booked or purchases made through our Sites;
- purchase and sale transaction information such as your credit card information and the details of your transaction;
- information contained in any email messages, questions, comments, complaints or requests you send us;
- your current geographic location;
- your IP address;
- the date and time you accessed our services, the hardware, software or internet browser you used to access our Sites, and information about your computer’s operating system, such as application versions and your language settings;
- information about which pages have been shown to you, site navigation details and links on our Sites that you follow;
- information you submit to our Sites in connection with sweepstakes, contests, surveys and other promotions offered by us; and
- information, including images, contained in posts you make about Points and its services on publicly accessible websites, blogs, mobile applications and/or community forums.
When you use our mobile applications, we collect and use information about you in the same way and for the same purposes as we do when you use our Sites. Our mobile applications also use the unique device identifier for the device on which you have installed our mobile application, as well as error reporting information if the application stops working properly.
We may also receive personal information about you from our loyalty program and redemption partners (collectively, our "Partners") to the extent that you have given consent to the Partner to provide us with such Personal Information.
Special Categories of Personal Data
We do not process special categories of data, namely, sensitive personal data that reveal racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
How We Use Personal Information
We will only collect and use your personal information for the following purposes, except as permitted or required by applicable law:
- allowing you to track, manage and access your loyalty points and miles on our Sites;
- allowing you to gather and view your travel information on our Sites;
- processing transactions that you have submitted to us and displaying your account history to you;
- acknowledging your comments and/or replying to your questions, complaints and requests;
- communicating with you and providing you with information on and direct marketing of special offers or promotions (including sweepstakes and contests) that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to serve advertisements to you in various marketing channels, including but not limited to social media, search engines, mobile apps, and various websites including our own Sites;
- to notify you of offers of Points products and services that may be of interest to you;
- for market research. We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will be used only with your consent;
- for profiling and analytical purposes, including marketing and website analytics, in order to optimize and customize our online platform to your needs, as well as the products and services marketed to you, and to make the Sites easier to use;
- to provide customer service;
- for improved service, when you make calls to our Customer Service Team an automated telephone number detection system to relate your telephone number to your existing reservations;
- communicating with you by email, mail and phone to handle any requests you or your booked accommodations have made;
- improving the performance and utility of our services;
- generally managing and administering our business;
- preventing and prosecuting fraud and/or credit risk;
- meeting legal and regulatory requirements; and
- any other purpose to which you may consent in the future.
Limited to Disclosed Purposes
We limit the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information to that which is needed to achieve the above noted purposes.
Special Note on Profiling
We may analyse your personal information (including through the use of automated processes) in order to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information or to offer you services that are relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from our Partners and other external sources to help us do this effectively. We may also use and analyse your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
Who We Disclose Personal Information To
We will only disclose your personal information in the following circumstances, except as permitted or required by applicable law:
- from one Points Affiliate to another Points Affiliate to allow Points Affiliates to offer their products and services to you;
- to our Partners and other third party suppliers, as necessary to provide you with services that you have requested or to fulfill the transactions you have submitted;
- to third party companies and contractors that provide us with services in the conduct of our business ("service providers"), such as payment processing services, information technology services for our software applications, advertising, marketing and survey services and other essential similar services, but only as necessary for those service providers to provide services to us;
- to third parties as we deem necessary or appropriate to prevent, limit or otherwise prosecute fraud;
- as necessary to meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
- any other circumstance in which you provide consent to disclose.
All Points service providers are contractually bound to keep your information secure. Our service providers can use, store and disclose your personal information solely for purposes for which it is disclosed to them (to provide us with services).
We may use and disclose your personal information in connection with the proposed or actual financing, sale or other business transaction involving part or all of our business or assets. Such use and disclosure would be for the purpose of allowing third parties to determine whether to proceed with the proposed transaction, and if the transaction proceeds, for the purpose of completing the transaction. Assignees or successors to our business or assets may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes described in this policy. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Sites of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Other Data Protection Laws and Privacy Policies
Impacting Personal Data
Points, our Partners and our service providers are located in various jurisdictions including, among others, Canada, the United States and the European Union and, as a result, your personal information may be stored, processed or transferred into or out of these countries. The data protection laws in these countries may be different to those in your country and your information may be subject to access by the regulatory authorities in, and to the laws of, those other jurisdictions.
We will retain your personal information for as long as
- your account is active;
- your personal information is needed to provide you services; or
- it is necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance and audit requirements.
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accuracy of Your Personal Information
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information is correct, complete and up-to-date to the extent we are notified of any changes by you. You can review and update your personal information on our Sites. You can assist by keeping us informed of any changes, or informing us if you find any errors in our information about you. If we have disclosed inaccurate information about you to a third party that you are aware of, we would be pleased to contact the third party in order to correct the information upon your request.
Your Rights with Respect to Your Personal Information
If you wish to change any of your personal information we have on file in our records, other than that available to you and capable of being modified through the Services, you may contact our Privacy Officer as noted at the bottom of this page. To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to making corrections.
You are entitled to be informed or and have access to any of your personal information in our custody or control. Upon written request to our Privacy Officer as noted at the bottom of this page, we will provide you with your personal information under our custody or control, as well as information regarding how your personal information is being used and the identity of any third party(s) to whom that information has been disclosed. Please note that we may not be able to provide access to personal information in certain circumstances, such as if the personal information was collected for the purposes of an investigation, if disclosure would reveal the personal information of a third party, or if prohibited by law. To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to providing such access.
Rights of European Data Subjects
In addition to rights with respect to your personal data already noted elsewhere in this policy, for those individuals residing in the European Economic Area, you have certain additional rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
Restrictions on Further Processing
You have the right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or basis of processing of your personal data, to request a restriction on further processing by us.
You have the right to erasure of your personal data (“right to be forgotten”) in certain circumstances.
You have the right to request that personal data that you have provided to us be returned to you, or be provided to another third party of your choice, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision-making. In connection with such right, you may have the right to request human intervention with respect to such automated decision-making, as well as express your point of view or contest any such automated decision-making.
Opt-out of Direct Marketing / Profiling
You may elect to “opt out” of direct marketing activities, including any profiling we may conduct for direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, we may rely on your consent permitting us to process your information in accordance with this policy for direct marketing, including profiling for direct marketing, unless you take affirmative action to opt out of such processing. You may opt out at any time by contacting our Data Privacy Officer or EU Representative, as provided further below.
Lodge Complaints with Supervisory Authorities
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority in your country.
Cookies and JSON Web Tokens
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer for record-keeping purposes. JSON web tokens, or JWT tokens, are authentication confirmations that are used to authenticate a user. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies, as well as JWT tokens on our Sites. Session ID cookies expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser's "help" file. Cookies provide us with information on your use of our Sites, including the time and length of your visit, the pages you look at on our Sites, the website you visited just before coming to ours, and the name of your Internet service provider.
We use session cookies and tokens to make it easier for you to navigate our Sites. We use persistent cookies and tokens to store your username, so you don't have to enter it more than once, and to track and target your interests, to evaluate the performance of our Sites, and to tailor promotions and other marketing messages to you and enhance your experience on our Sites.
You can reject cookies by adjusting the preference settings in your browser. If you reject our cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of certain features available on our Sites, such as contests and surveys. You can learn more about interest-based advertising by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
Clear gifs (also known as tracking pixels or web beacons) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. They are used to track the online movements of users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence
We and our service providers use clear gifs to help us better manage content on our Sites, by informing us what content is effective, and to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and marketing campaigns. For instance, we use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients and to allow us to serve you related advertising on the Internet.
Links to Third Party Sites
Social Media Features
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Personal information uploaded to our Sites is transmitted to us using industry standard encryption, which creates a private conversation between your computer and our Sites. We authenticate our Sites and enable TLS/SSL encryption to protect your sensitive data and transactions.
Nevertheless, Points cannot absolutely guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. In the event that your personal information in our possession or under our control is compromised as a result of a security breach, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify you and take other steps in accordance with applicable laws or regulations.
Remember that email sent over the Internet is generally unencrypted and transmitted in clear text. We recommend that you use caution when forwarding free-format email messages to us and that you do not include confidential information (such as unique user IDs, passwords or personally identifiable information) in those messages. Confidential information should be transmitted to us through other secure methods such as by telephone.
Revision of Policy
This policy may be revised from time to time. We will notify you of material changes prior to such material change being effective, either by e-mail at the address you have provided to us in connection with your registration on our Sites or by a prominent notice on our Sites. Your continued use of our Sites or failure to cancel your account on our Sites following such notification shall constitute your acceptance of the revised policy. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Disputes and Complaints
- Data Privacy Officer
- Points.com Inc.
- 111 Richmond St. W., Suite 700
- Toronto, ON, M5H 2G4
In addition to contacting our Data Privacy Officer, individuals residing in the European Economic Area may contact our EU Representative at:
- EU Representative
- Points International (UK) Limited
- Points.com Inc.
- 111 Richmond St. W., Suite 700
- Toronto, ON, M5H 2G4
Points will respond to your request for access in accordance with applicable privacy legislation.